– The Murphy Larsen Ranch was established in 2005 by Ann and Steve Stranahan as they endeavored to demonstrate that agriculture, recreation, and defined development are harmonious, particularly in a mountain resort area.
– The 1,500-acre ranch consists of eleven 50-acre lots, each with an approximate 2.5-acre building envelope.
– The Ranch includes an additional 875 acres of conservation land.
– Murphy-Larsen Ranch borders the million-plus acre Routt National Forest on the west side.
– A central water system serves each of the homesites. The system meets state standards and is managed by a certified operator.
– Underground electric and high-speed internet are supplied to each lot.
– Annual dues are $9,876.00 and include road maintenance, snow removal, insurance and all Owen’s Cabin expenses.
– Agricultural tax status classification is maintained by the ag operator, Elk River Livestock. Cattle graze outside of the privacy areas around the homesites and on the North Murphy Larsen Ranch,
– Hunting is allowed through the hunting outfitter on the North Murphy Larsen Ranch as a paid activity. Hunting on the adjacent National Forest is allowed subject to Colorado Parks and Wildlife regulations.
– The Murphy-Larsen Ranch is only 3 miles from the Clark Store and 20 incredibly scenic miles from Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
– A comprehensive trail system on the ranch is maintained year-round, including groomed for skiing in the winter.
– Located at Owen’s Cabin, a horse arena is available to owners to ride and host small equestrian events.
Live Lightly On the Land
Hallie Myhre & Christy Belton
(970) 846 1687 | (970) 734 7885